Quality and EfficiencyThe program is structured to provide a quality program while avoiding significant interruption of daily work responsibilities. UNO's Office of MBA & Health Care Programs strives to make the MSHMC convenient for, responsive to, and supportive of students while maintaining a focus on quality. This is achieved by holding classes on alternating weekends and providing students with an unprecedented level of service. By assisting students with administrative details, we free more time for our students to concentrate on what's important - their education.
- Classes are held primarily on alternating weekends (all-day-Saturday & half-day-Sunday) for 15 months.
- Classrooms are located at the UNO Lakefront Campus in the College of Business' new state-of-the-art facility, Kirschman Hall.
- The program is offered once a year. The 2014-2015 cohort begins August 8.
- You are not required to take business-prerequisite courses before entering the program.
- Applications are reviewed as received.
- Group tutorials are included for select quantitative courses.
- Tuition includes all EMSHCM courses, textbooks, meals on class days, special events, and ancillaries (such as caps, gowns).
- Students have access to the graduate computer labs.
A partial list of companies and organizations that UNO EMHCM students have represented:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Chalmette Medical Center
Kenner Regional Medical Center
Lakeview Regional Medical Center
LifeCare Hospital of New Orleans
LSU Healthcare Network
Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans
Memorial Medical Center
Orleans Clinic of Psychology
Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
Physician's Association of La, Inc.
St. Charles General Hospital
St. Tammany Parish Hospital
Tulane University Hospital & Clinics
West Jefferson Medical Center
Final date for dropping courses or resigning from the University (11:59 P.M.).
Final date to drop course(s) or resign from the University. Resignations (withdrawal from all courses) must be completed through WebSTAR on or before October 15.
REGISTRATION for 2015 Spring Semester begins.
Application for admission to Graduate School due date for Spring 2015.
Last day of classes.
Final examinations begin.
Final examinations end.
Deadline for graduate students who received "incompletes" in the previous Summer session to complete course work. "I" grades are changed to "F" after this date.
Final grades available on WebSTAR (9 A.M.).
COMMENCEMENT (Lakefront Arena, 3:00 P.M. Further information can be found at registrar.uno.edu/commencement.)
December 24-January 1
To view more important dates, please visit the UNO Registrar's website, Office of the Registrar.